HOW TO MAKE A GIFT
1. Cash, Check, or Credit Card*
To make a gift of cash, please visit the VAF office located in Bryant Hall at 1815 Stadium Road, Charlottesville, Va.
To make a gift by credit card over the phone (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover accepted), please call the VAF office at 800.626.8723 or 434.982.5555.
To make a gift or pledge by check or credit card, please download and print the pledge form below. Checks should be made payable to Virginia Athletics Foundation and mailed to:
Virginia Athletics Foundation
P. O. Box 400833
Charlottesville, VA 22904-4833
If you have ever made a gift to the Virginia Athletics Foundation (VAF), select the VAF Member button. If this is your first gift, select New VAF Member button.
If you are unsure of which option to use, please call the VAF at 800-626-8723.
3. Pledge Form
Download the appropriate pledge form shown below. After completing the form, either mail to the VAF office or fax it to us at 434.982.5025.
Giving stock through electronic transfer is the easiest method when a donor maintains holdings in a brokered account. Depository Trust Company, or DTC, is the clearinghouse for electronic security transfers. Each brokerage firm has a specific DTC number.
Please contact the VAF office to alert our gift accounting office of the transfer. Be sure to include the donor’s name and gift designation.
800.626.8723 | 434.982.5555
5. IRA Distribution
The VAF is qualified to accept charitable IRA rollovers from donors aged 70½ or older with qualifying IRAs. Additionally, the donor cannot receive benefits for this type of gift.
To initiate, please contact your IRA administrator.
6. Employer Matching Gifts
How to Make a Matching Gift:
- Ask your company’s human resource representative if they will match gifts to athletics-related organizations and what percentage of your gift they will match.
- Obtain the matching gift application form or the matching gift website used by your company to apply for a matching gift.
- Complete your portion of the matching gift application form and send it to the Virginia Athletics Foundation, P.O. Box 400833, Charlottesville, VA 22904 with your VAF pledge form and/or gift. Or, go to your employer’s matching gift website and complete the application online.
- Gifts will be verified to the matching company by the Virginia Athletics Foundation as soon as the matching gift application is submitted and the pledge is paid in full.
Charitable Status: The Virginia Athletics Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization with more than 9,500 members. VAF qualifies for the charitable contribution deduction under Section 170(b)(1)(A) and has been classified as an organization that is not a private foundation under Section 509(a)(1). Member’s contributions support the costs of athletic scholarships, the Athletics Academic Affairs Office, sport-specific operational needs and facility upgrades.
VAF FEIN 54-0517188